Show Me Your Drills!

Sunday, January 26, 2020



I have finally ended the week of drills.


I learned a drill a day and let me tell you...
it was harder than I thought it would be!

I used my printed booklet and did it religiously every day...



 The upstrokes and ovals were the hardest ones for me.
I shake a lot apparently... I didn't use to...
Controlling the tip of that brush pen when it goes up is very hard.
The paper I used was normal print paper for the booklet
I printed from the course's pdf worksheet
and that kind of paper is terrible.
I could feel it drag the nibs of my pens and if
I keep using that paper I will damage them.
I have to get tracing paper cause it is smooth and
easy to find or get the appropriate papers for this.

I think I will add tracing paper to the booklet so
I don't have to print as many pages with guidelines.
That way I just use one guideline for it and
as many tracing papers on top of it as I need.

Something else I have realized during this past week...
Small pens are so much easier than big pens...
Easier to control both the pen and my hand.
I thought it would be the other way around!

Below you can see my first drills ever
 and how terrible they are.
It will be fun to compare in the future,
after lots of training,
how I will be at least better at it.

I marked the best ones I made with a marker
 under them, so I can use that for the training next time.










 

You Might Also Like

0 comments