My Transit of Venus Photos

Wednesday, June 06, 2012


My photographs were taken on the countryside outside 
Guadalajara, Jalisco in Mexico on a sunny and hot day.


I used a Nikkor 300mm zoom telephoto on my Nikon,
a tripod, a IF shutter trigger and a Meade solar filter sheet,
adapted to a simple UV filter.

I pretty much cut a circle of the 58mm diameter of the filter (less actually),
and removed the cap that holds the glass in place,
placed the solar filter circle on it and put the cap back on
to hold it up, behind the UV filter glass.
 

Then it was just pointing at the Sun and having fun.


I am so glad I witnessed it because it will only happen again
on my next life...

We stayed until the light was no longer producing good photos with
the filter and the clouds started to show up.


So here they are.


There are a lot of them and it took me forever to process them
in Lightroom (I shoot in RAW).


You can see them all in my Picasa Album or my Facebook Album.

 The setting.


It was awesome!


I was trying the new video editing inside Photoshop CS6
and I needed a subject, so I chose to use the photos
I took of the Transit of Venus.
I am a noob when it comes to making
slideshow video but I wanted to try it out.



You Might Also Like

0 comments