Skin Color Swatches - Epic Edition

Saturday, August 07, 2010

 
I can't believe it has been 5 years since I made this swatch.
This time I decided to update it and call it Epic Edition
because I saved up and added all other swatches I make when
I paint skin since then, with the highlights I also accumulated.

I am amazed by
how others can create art using something I made.
So because of that
I've decided that it was time to make this even better.

Making swatches for me is so much fun that
I even did one for the preview picture
and sharing them is fun because
you get to see what others create with it.

In 2008 I got a Daily Deviation for it. It made my day,
I was so happy!
Featured it in my BLOG.
  This also made me want to improve it even more.

So I hope you guys enjoy the new edition of the swatch.

You can still see the Hair Color + Swatches

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgGQ2AKaK8rAxpyHjLXID4c7nWxOohg4RCOfVv6f-J5vwXXBFUh2geqFYhysk3txMsvTFZuM4a00B5CDOr2P5NNlik3_dM2GCzs1pbskspuzV21nJl_lLMb-IsjKmgBvTGMWRkr8OToL8c/s60-Ic42/h2-date-header2.png
What you need to know:

each vertical row is a full color bar for skin tone,
or a full set of skin tones

each horizontal row is a skin highlight set of tones
(meant to brighten and darken light touching
skin in different compositions)

the light colors first and the shadow ones
at the end of each row (from light to dark composition)

you can mix the color rows and have a more complete skin shade

the swatch file has the color bars separated by yellow,
and when they finish and the highlights start, it is green

the zip file has the a folder for the old Skin Color Swatches
If you use Gimp, ~neonyow made a Gimp
version of my swatch, click here to go se it.

the new swatches are made in Photoshop CS5,
so I don't think it will work on older versions,
but that is why you have the -swatch template-
to color pick as you paint

for those who do not have Photoshop,
or have a older version of it, use the Swatch Template.
Open your program of choice (Corel, Gimp, etc)
and open the Swatch Template image,
and color pick the template as you paint...

CREDIT ME PLEASE (thank you), and please show
me what you create with my swatches
(I love when people show me what they made using my swatch!!!)

PS: if any of you make this swatch for an older
version of Photoshop (by color picking it)
or another program, like Gimp, Paint Shop Pro, Corel, etc...
Please send an email to -nep4ever@gmail.com-
(my email) and send me the file and name
of the program it is for (with version)
so I can add it to this zip and credit you in it,
as well add an update on my artist comments.

in the gallery

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh9VeAhuY443GKIFV6K00268nK-pZTQxIxwUETEU8YkEJ2Gq6j7DrfY_JAZxNyN77ULUKAyEbF8ADUHAQbvqPHSsxO_wpECw6xisYleA-uqOjLx6scBVImzWjstU3vqZDtr9IlfUul0z24/s214-Ic42/div.jpg

You Might Also Like

1 comments